Now Hiring: Shipping / Recieving
Shipping and Receiving Team Member
Equator Coffee Roasters is an Ontario-based, mission-driven coffee roasting company from the friendly town of Almonte, Ontario. We exist to connect the coffee drinker to the coffee farmer, from one family to another. We believe the world is a better place with better coffee that is sourced ethically and cared for organically. At Equator, coffee is more than just a beautiful beverage; it is a way of changing the world.
The shipping and receiving team member is responsible for picking, packing and shipping all of our products as well as placing received products in appropriate locations through the warehouse. A good understanding of delivery logistics and being able to react to a quick paced environment is essential. A strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is an asset.
- Picking and Packing – Using pick sheets, you’ll pick coffee products and pack them into appropriate boxes for shipping.
- Logistics – Understand the unique requirements of the who, what, when, where, and whys of our delivery partners so that packages go out in an efficient manner.
- Housekeeping – Keep a tidy and well managed environment.
- ·Back up Driving – On occasion, you’ll be driving our delivery van to assist the team.
- Back up Packaging Line – On occasion, you’ll be asked to help bag coffee products on the packaging line.
- Requirements and Qualifications
- Monday – Thursday 8am-4pm with the possibility of working Fridays during busy seasons.
- Heavy lifting, walking and standing for prolonged periods.
- Must hold a valid G driver’s licence.
- A very strong ability to communicate clearly with team members positive, problem solving attitude.
- You must have the ability to work in a team environment where you will be asked to participate in tasks other than outlined above.
This position reports to the Production Manager. Compensation 15-18$/hours based on experience and performance with the ability to grow based on added responsibilities.
Location: Equator Coffee Roasters, Almonte, Ontario, K0A 1A0
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- No weekends