Equator's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
As of March 18, 2020
Updated March 25, 2020
In light of the recent public health concerns, we at Equator want to reassure our customers, staff members, and community that our main priority is to provide a safe and healthy environment in our cafe and work spaces.
The situation is still very fluid, with new information being released each day. We will continue to follow the federal, provincial, and municipal health authorities' guidelines to protect our community. Some immediate measures we have taken to lower the risk of contamination:
- We are still roasting, packaging, and delivering/shipping coffee!
- Many grocery stores in the Ottawa area carry our coffee - email email@example.com to find a store near you!
- Online orders are still being processed (new website coming before the end of March...)
- NAC and Westboro cafes are CLOSED until further notice
- Reduced hours for our Almonte cafe until otherwise instructed by public health officials - Monday-Friday 7am-4pm; Saturday-Sunday 8am-4pm.
- Credit card only at our Almonte cafe.
- Enforcement of social distancing in our Almonte cafe.
- Temporary pause on serving drinks in customers' reusable cups. We know this is disappointing for many environmental advocates - including us! - and our plan is to reinstate as soon as there are no related public health concerns.
- Raised awareness among staff for improving sanitation, hygiene, and general cleanliness in our cafes and work spaces - more cleaning and sanitizing practices.
- Cancellation of all in-cafe events
- Ensuring that staff are able to stay home when feeling sick.
Please stay tuned and reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate your understanding and are grateful for your community!
Look out for yourself and your neighbour. These are times to trust and love even if it means from two meters away!